Philanthropic and charitable activities are an important part of the GTS culture. Our relocation to Detroit's historic Corktown in 2014 increased opportunities for community involvement and connect us more directly to Detroit's economic renewal.
The GTS Annual Open House always consists of a sizable charity donation to a nonprofit. In celebration of our 20th anniversary, this year we presented two special checks to Camp Casey, a nonprofit horseback riding program for children with cancer and rare blood disorders and to Just Speak, a children’s trauma advocacy nonprofit. Both organizations are doing wonderful things in and outside of Metro Detroit.
This year, we’ll continue our Annual Hope for the Holidays campaign. We collect clothing, toys and canned food and then donate the goods to local charity partners for families in need during the holidays.
GTS employees are also involved in our giving by choosing a worthy charity for a company contribution. In 2021, our team chose Penrickton, Operation Smile, Laughing at My Nightmare, and Voices for Children Advocacy Center.
Our charitable support has included:
- Animal Welfare Society
- Boys and Girls Club of Michigan
- Camp Casey
- Clark Park Coalition
- Corktown Neighborhood Association
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Detroit Achievement Academy
- The Empowerment Plan
- Forgotten Harvest
- Friends School
- Frozen Fish Fiasco
- Gleaner's Food Bank
- Finn it Forward-The Finn Houston Legacy Project
- Operation Smile
- Just Speak
- Little Free Libraries
- Make-a-Wish Foundation
- Michigan Humane Society
- Most Holy Trinity School - Corktown
- Neighborhood Service Organization
- Penrickton Center
- Sacred Heart Rehabilitation Centers
- THAW (The Heat and Warmth Fund)
- Volunteers of America-Michigan
- Wounded Warrior Project
- Voices for Children Advocacy Center
- Laughing at My Nightmare